Who do you want as your attorney? The Master or the student? Patrick Silva has over 20 years of DUI experience, he has been published in DUI reference books, he has spoken in front of hundreds of attorneys at conferences, taught classes to lawyers on his secrets and strategies, and has a nationally listened to podcast dedicated to teaching other DUI lawyers how to win.  (909)798-1500

 Author of "The DUI Answer Book" A Citizen's Guide to Understanding Your Rights

Q: What happens to record of case when court loses jurisdiction?

My daughter was arrested for DUI over 3 years ago. During that time, she went to treatment and has been sober since. When trying to clear up her court case, since she never received any documents on what to do and when we didn't know, we just knew that she'd have to go in and ask the public defender. I took her to speak to PD and she said the court never put in due dates for anything they wanted her to do, that they were future court dates and that the court has now lost jurisdiction since it's been over 3 years. She The public defender didn't have time to discuss more or what to do. Please help us figure out what we can do. My daughter has done an amazing job of turning her life around. She wants to help others and give back to the community, but having this over her head has cost her a job she really wanted with a non-profit organization. There is also the issue of her drivers licsence suspension. Help

​A: At this point it's probably
in your best interest to consult with and hire private council for her especially because public defenders don't deal with the department of motor vehicles and they may have different requirements than the court has that said and the attorney can go to court with her pull the file read the file and figure out what needs to be done and contact the DMV and figure out what needs to be done but it's likely gonna require Bringing in private council.